Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.: My school has a student wellness program. Is Whole MED Student a replacement?
A.: No. Whole Med student is a comprehensive, inclusive, standalone program that supplements and supports current programs. However, the difference is that it includes monthly group webinars and online forums to help you customize a personal wellness and well-being regimen.
Q.: What is your definition of wellness?
A.: Your well-being is essential to your future role as a physician. We created this platform to provide you with the inspiration, information, and resources to assist you in promoting your health and well-being during and throughout your training and into your professional career as a physician. Well-being can be thought of as achieving wellness in various facets of life—
- Emotional: Establishing and maintaining a sense of satisfaction and the capacity to experience and manage the wide range of human emotions.
- Intellectual: Engaging in the process of lifelong learning, including the acquisition and utilization of knowledge and skills.
- Physical: Taking responsibility of personal health by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Professional: Choosing and participating in a career that proves to be meaningful and rewarding.
- Spiritual: Finding meaning and purpose in life.
- Social/Community: Creating and sustaining healthy relationships, environments, and societal welfare.
Q.: What is your goal?
A.: Our primary goal is to help you improve your health and well-being in order to better meet the challenges and demands of your medical school education, residency, and eventual professional career. The following principles guide our efforts:
- Encourage self-care, resiliency, wellness, and the pursuit of one’spassions.
- Engage all individuals in the promotion of a sense of belonging within the community.
- Inspire students to develop their professional identity and find meaningin their medical school experiences.
- Enable students to succeed as lifelong healers.
- Embrace the value of diversityand personal growth throughout the journey.
Q.: How much time do I need to devote to this program to be successful?
A.: Whole MED Student’s 12 modules are 10-15 minutes long, which can fit into almost any busy schedule. After trying these resources, please provide feedback so that we can enhance your experience or provide additional services.
Q.: What can I expect?
A.: You can expect to be inspired to make the best decisions for your health
Q.: What are the program’s components?
A.: Whole MED Student’s comprehensive 12-module program is designed to help you improve your health and find satisfaction and excitement in you medical school experience. There are four primary components–
- the membership site, which is home to the 12 modules;
- community forums;
- Monthly Group Coaching sessions, which are webinars; and
- Well-being Mentors, which is a hand-picked group of hundreds of physicians who have agreed to listen to you, share their experiences, and motivate you to achieve your aspirations.
Q.: Can my spouse and/or parents participate?
A.: Yes, they can through our forum for spouses and parents.